In-Shop Repair & Rebuilding Service
To enquire further about this item or service, please contact us for information.
We offer Mail-Order Repair and Rebuilding for most vintage HAMMOND and Leslie products. We also will do our very best to assist you in securing repairs to your new HAMMOND-Suzuki equipment regardless of where purchased.
A listing of our most-requested services includes:
- Leslie Amplifiers
- HAMMOND Organ Preamplifiers / Amplifiers
- HAMMOND Organ Vibrato Scanners
- HAMMOND Vibrato Line Boxes
- HAMMOND Tonewheel Generators
- HAMMOND Organ Rebuilding
- Leslie Speaker Rebuilding
Leslie Amplifier Repair & Rebuilding
Summary of Preamp and Amplifier Repair & Rebuilding Service
- Complete 'Dealer-Quality' Amplifier Rebuild Performed
- All Capacitors Replaced, Resistors and other components checked for accuracy, replaced as necessary, volume control checked and cleaned
- New Tremolo Relay Installed
- Power Supply Rebuilt / Upgraded
- Transformers checked for performance, new transformers available
- New Leslie connector and retainer installed if needed
- All Repaired / Rebuilt Preamplifiers and Amplifiers Covered by our 30 Day Warranty which covers all parts we replaced and labor, shipping excluded.
- Expedited Service available - for most U.S. locations, we normally ship UPS Ground, but 2nd Day and FEDEX / Airborne Express Overnight shipping service is available; Foreign Shipments are by customer's preferred method
- New Tube Sets available, including our own privately labeled 6550 Tubes. We recommend installation of a new amplifier tube set at time of rebuilding to maximize amplifier performance.
- We rigorously test all rebuilt equipment prior to shipping.
- Most Tube and Solid-State Leslie amplifiers repaired, subject to our acceptance
HAMMOND Organ Preamplifiers / AmplifiersWe can repair / rebuild your HAMMOND organ tube preamp or amplifier. We can also supply replacement vacuum tubes and other high-quality components including solid-state replacement preamplifiers for most console organs. Additional information on solid-state preamplifier replacements can be found elsewhere in our Online Catalog.
HAMMOND Organ Vibrato ScannersIf your organ suffers from poor vibrato / chorus performance, it may be caused by an oil-soaked or otherwise malfunctioning vibrato scanner. We can rebuild most original HAMMOND Vibrato Scanners to factory fresh performance. A complete rebuild is performed including:
- Complete disassembly of the vibrato scanner to component parts
- Chemical cleaning to remove oil and other foreign material from the scanner body, insulators, and wiring
- Replacement of scanner insulators if needed
- Coating all scanner parts with clear insulating spray protectant
- Reassembly and test, including hand Meggaring all scanner insulated poles to ground.
- Replacement of oil wicks, bearings and other scanner parts is available at extra cost
HAMMOND Vibrato Line BoxesWe can repair / rebuild most HAMMOND Organ Vibrato Line Boxes in tonewheel generator organ models. The Line Box rebuilding process includes complete replacement of all original Capacitors and Resistors. The original critical-value components fail due to age, causing random variations in vibrato and chorus performance and an inconsistent sound.
A hand-matched set of critical-value components is installed and the Line Box then is checked to original factory specifications prior to return. Most HAMMOND organ Vibrato Line Boxes were made in several types:
- Later 'open steel frame' style on most B-3, C-3, A-100, D-100, M-3, and similar organs manufactured after 1955, except for a very early organs in these modelgroups
- Early 'Silver-Painted' or 'Black-Painted' Vibrato Line Boxes contained in most organs manufactured before 1955
- Price dependent upon exact type and condition of Line Box
HAMMOND Tonewheel Generators
Many organists complain that their organ simply does not have the 'punch' or brightness it had when new, or of later models. The most common overall reason for this is that the Tonewheel Generator Filter Capacitors have failed causing the organ to lose its original factory-fresh consistency, brightness and quality tone.
After careful inspection and a thorough cleaning, we replace the original hand-matched Tonewheel Generator Filter Capacitors with a new critical-value set of very high stable and quality hand-matched components. If necessary, the generator can be recalibrated to the original factory calibration curve, or to another specific curve.
Later model console organ Tonewheel Generators, including models B-3, C-3, A-100, D-100, and RT-3 manufactured from 1955 to 1963, and ALL organs manufactured prior to 1963 did not contain an additional level of Resistor / Capacitor (R/C) Network filtering designed to reduce crosstalk and 60 Hz hum common in earlier generators. We can add the later R/C Network filtering to pre-1963 organs effectively updating them to later model filter specification tonewheel generators.
We also offer a user-installable kit with new hand-matched Tonewheel Generator Filter Capacitors, R/C Networks and complete installation instructions.
We strongly recommend that all owners of vintage HAMMOND and Leslie equipment interested in doing some of the maintenance and repair / upgrade work themselves purchase the correct Technical Service Manuals for their equipment.
I also have an original Leslie 122 (or 147, etc.) and want it to 'Scream'!A tube-amplifier Leslie speaker model is considered by many to be a mandatory item for anyone wishing to recreate the true, classic Blues / Jazz / Gospel HAMMOND sound. A solid-state amplifier equipped Leslie will be loud, but it lacks the warmth and ability to distort slightly. This distortion forms the basis for the 'fat' sound synonymous with older HAMMOND's.
A tube amplifier alone cannot provide the screamin' HAMMOND sound. This is dependent upon the correct selection and condition of the upper driver, bass woofer, crossover, etc. We offer replacement Bass Woofers, Crossovers, Motors, Bearings, Drive Belts, Upper Plastic Horns, Tube Sets, New Tube Amplifiers and most other Hammond organ and Leslie speaker repair and replacement parts.
Complete Hammond Organ and Leslie Speaker Repair, Rebuilding and Modification Service is Available in our Newington, CT Shop.
As an Authorized Hammond Organ Dealer, we also offer new Hammond Organs and Leslie Speakers.
Leslie Connector Kits, Cables, Tube Sets, Replacement Speakers, Crossovers, Motors, and many other items are available.
Call us for Special new Hammond Organ & Leslie Package Pricing or for Rental Information
We can completely rebuild your existing classic Hammond organ and Leslie and upgrade single-speed Leslie models to two-speed operation!
Custom Leslie Cabinet Refinishing / Repair / Painting available.
Hammond organ and Leslie Fitted-Blanket Covers and original style Roll-or-Kari Moving Dollies are also available!